Buying Time: Eight




There's a few things about this particular Momentum project that are different to the past ones. I am not recording every single day, but I will re mix all the Buying Time tracks into one complete composition at the end, and the individual tracks themselves are cumulative (ie. each one starts with the same sample as the previous one finished with).

Also previously I set myself the goal of not capturing/playing/recording the same environment/sound/instrument more than once. Because this residency is very much situated in the Melbourne CBD and I am doing some similar things day to day I'm treating some of the samples like musical motives, that appear and reappear in different iterations throughout the work.

Today: messing around a bit on the drums from yesterday, pitched down and with a fast delay. Plus running water from a little waterfall in the Alexandra Gardens.



Comments

Popular Posts