Day Three Hundred and Forty Five

Last week I received an email from Matt Wakeling, a guitarist from Sydney, who had heard my interview on Radio National the week before. Matt liked the idea of Momentum so much that he's decided to try it himself; starting on January 1st next year, Matt will write and record short musical pieces which will be posted on his blog site (here) every day for a month. Similarly to this project all the sounds will be free to download, and he welcomes contributions - I look forward to contributing!

Matt sent me some sounds for this project too, and I used one today: waves of repeated glockenspiel notes which I duplicated and pitch shifted, then played alternately to accentuate the swells. Plus some more percussion toys from Dan Richardson, slowed down and reversed.

Comments

Popular Posts