Day One Hundred and Fifty One

Part two, as promised, of my marimba explorations from yesterday. All the G and C notes on a Yamaha 4.3 octave marimba, in different combinations and varying levels of delay and distortion.

I remember the very first recording I made of myself playing a Bach violin piece on marimba, in my second year of uni. I had just bought a mini disc player and small condenser microphone. I didn't know anything about setting the levels on the device, so simply pressed 'record' and started playing. The result was an incredible, distorted Hendrix-esque version of the Bach piece. Possibly a blasphemous faux pas if done intentionally, but a wonderful surprise the time! This reminds me of that time, though my recordings have come a long way since then...

Comments

Popular Posts