Day Ninety Two

I grew a chili! But I didn't record it, just wanted to share... What I did record was a couple of chords on the vibes, plus reversed cajon and bowed vibes from the other day.

I've been reading, just today, about the anthropological idea of 'depaysement', or displacement, in Sherry Turkle's book The Second Self. My understanding, so far, is that it refers to going outside one's own situation in order to gain a fresh perspective of that situation. I've been doing a lot of field recording for this blog, more and more as I go, which has been invaluable for developing that side of my practice. I wonder, then, as this doesn't happen in isolation, what skills and different ways of listening this will bring to my more conventional 'music' making... I'll be interested to find out.

Comments

Popular Posts