Day Thirty Eight

I just started reading a book called "The War of Art", a kind of self-help manual for successful artistic practice. I don't feel much of an affinity with the author thus far, mainly regarding things to do with 'talent' and 'the muse'. Part of the reason I decided to embark on this project, and to do it every day, was to improve my arts practice. It's something I love, am passionate about, and have spent hundreds of hours developing. By producing new music so regularly I hope to become more skilled, more resourceful, and to be more critical of my own work through a process of constant reflection. Sometimes I surprise myself by making new or unusual sounds, or creating something that, for me, is completely new. I don't feel that these things come from somewhere outside of myself, but I'll reserve judgement until I've read some more.

In the meantime, I took yesterdays recording, soaked it in water for 12 hours, and got this...

Comments

Popular Posts